Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Poop and Puke

The question, "What's that smell?", makes me a bit nervous lately. Why? Because I am dealing with the puke and poop of my offspring all the time. I know. It's gross, but I'm used to it. 

POOP
The other day I was sitting on the couch nursing Kate. Zachary came running in with the most excited voice telling me with all kinds of enthusiasm that he had gone pee in the toilet!!!!! He wanted me to come see. Quick! Yahoo! Really? That is awesome!!! I put Kate down to follow him to see how well he had done. I looked down to see I was following a little two year old boy with no diaper on and poop smeared ALL OVER his legs, bum and feet. We get to the bathroom to see more poo ALL OVER the wall, toilet seat, toilet and I'm still hoping that was all. WOW! He was so excited to show me, yelling, "In the toilet! In the toilet!" Well, at least he tried.

(FYI: The brown on the floor is part of the rug.)

PUKE
This girl is a different story. She looks so sweet and cute and innocent . . . .
But she has spit up bubbling up out of her mouth all day long. Her clothes are covered in puke. My clothes are covered in puke. I've just learned to accept the white puddle on my shoulder. It won't last long. She has spit up on her swing, her bed, her play mat, every blanket, every couch, every floor and on a couple of people at church. Always spewing up spit up. It never bothers her, it just kind of spills up and out of her mouth . . . constantly.
One Jessica Sue Allred can give a personal testimonial to both the puke and the poop at our house from hands on experience. I'm sure she would agree that all I've said here is totally and completely true. Hopefully she and everyone else will still want to step foot in our house again.

2 comments:

Rama said...

I remember days like this, and yet they went by all too fast.

Anonymous said...

Scott had a similar experience to Zachary's. But he sprinkled baby powder over all the mess so that I wouldn't notice it instead of calling me to come and see. Smart kid?