Monday, October 10, 2011

A Quick Look At Fall


Fall made it to Utah for a short time before those beautiful colors were covered in snow. I kept eyeing all the yellows, oranges and reds on the mountains and was quite anxious to get up there. So, we went.

A couple of weekends ago our friend Clair invited us up to her cabin in the mountains. It was me, two friends and each of us have 3 kids. So, it got kinda crazy, but it was definitely pretty. I headed up to the cabin to join them on Sunday afternoon just after finishing our Primary Sacrament Program, then a hyper, wild 2 hours of Primary, then Ward Council and then a Scouting meeting. I started out tired, so it was fun to just sit and talk with friends while our kids ran wild.

Movie and pajama party at night. They were SO EXCITED!

The sun came up the next day and they were everywhere. 

We went for a "hike" to see the horses and the river. Oh, and the stinging nettle.
Zachary and Joshua throwing rocks in the river or sometimes at the girls. 
Marissa saved the day rescuing Brie's shoe that went floating down the river.
 And the moms who braved it all - Jen, Clair and me.


Last week things were really looking colorful and I just had to check it out, especially because I knew it would be snowing the next day. The kids and I drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to walk around Silver Lake. It was spectacular. Really. And cold. Really. Can you see that storm rolling in?

Apparently a little too cold or distracted for a picture.Silly me.
 
We came right home for warm soup, hot chocolate, cozy pajamas and bedtime. The next day was a snowstorm. So glad we made it just in time.

4 comments:

Sue said...

You are really brave. Looks like a great time! How fun to live in the mountains!!!

Sarah A said...

I think the colors are especially beautiful this fall. I'm hoping that fall will last just a little longer before winter comes in with a vengeance! The pictures of Silver Lake are spectacular!

laura said...

How beautiful!! I would love some of those fall colors right now. Our leaves haven't even begun to turn.
What a nice friend to invite all of that chaos to her cabin. It's funny how the more kids you have, the less woman you can invite.
And the canning looks awesome. I really, really, REALLY want to do that with you sometime next year. I have big plans for my family in Utah 2012. I hope you're ready for us.

Rama said...

Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery and beautiful people. What a lot of fun for everyone!