Monday, October 03, 2011

BIRTHDAY BOY!

Zachary turned 2 years old! It was an easy, simple birthday and that was just great by him (and me). He woke up in the morning to everyone saying "Happy Birthday" and singing to him. He loved it and then Scott rushed off to work, Brielle to kindergarten, Ava to preschool and Zachary and I went to Kindermusik. The kids there sang to him and he showed everyone his sign for being 2 on his fingers. When we picked the girls up we went to play and eat at McDonalds.
We decided to get the party started when Zachy woke up from his nap. He got to take a good, long nap and when he woke up he was thrilled with the balloons the girls had blown up, the birthday banner and streamers. We had dinner, cake and presents. Just right for a two year old.


"TWO!"


Finally, some boy toys!

From Grandma and Grandpa. Lovin it. Thank you.

Evan brought him these 55 year old metal trucks from Gary's. Evan knows how to toughen him up. The girls literally will not touch them.


In honor of Zachy's birthday he got to go to the Utah football game with Scott. The kid is in love with anything that involves a ball, so he was very happy through the whole game. Scott was not (Utes lost). He had lots of bad influence friends there trying to brainwash yet another one of our children.

About this boy: I can't believe he is two. I love him. I love having a little boy. I believed it before, but now I know for a fact that boys come as boys loving boy things. It's crazy to watch. I've never seen Zachary pick up a doll and care for it. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES balls. He always has a ball or a few balls or a ball and bat in his hands. He stops dead in his tracks to watch baseball or football on the TV and smiles and yells the whole time.



Happy to be helping juice grandpa's oranges because, of course, it involved throwing "balls" to Scott.

He likes anything Scott is involved in - mowing the lawn, watching sports, wrestling and even fixing the dishwasher. Yikes.


Yep. Zachary is all boy . . . until his sisters get a hold of him.

3 comments:

Rama said...

He certainly is his father's SON--Scott always loved sports and boy things. But then we didn't have any girl toys in our house for some reason.

laura said...

He is so stinking cute! I love that his number "2" sign is actually the "U" sign. And we all had a good laugh at the final picture. Happy Birthday!

Randi said...

Alicia. You are a really great writer. Did I ever tell you that? For real, you have a gift.

And Zachy is super cute! Happy birthday!