Monday, June 20, 2011
The Reception
After a week of us lounging by the pool and Tawna honeymooning, it was time to get working on putting a reception together. Saturday morning we woke up and got to work. We set up tables and chairs, hung poof balls (?), made centerpieces and my mom and Becca cooked the food. 



The happy couple supervising the work.
Some found better things to do. This is Krista working hard to help with the reception:
Aiden's spot to survey the work in progress.
Brielle found just the right spot.
So we joined her. It was wonderful.
By 7pm we were all ready, guests started arriving and the party got started. 


Scott worked the cotton candy machine. The kids loved it. I loved it too. If it is possible to eat your weight in cotton candy, I might have done it.


There was only one camera to smile into. Mine.



Jacob found a creative spot for his caramel apple in dad's statue.







Ending the night with present opening . . .
and a goodnight story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Alicia--
I just thought I'd browse through your blog today (since Kam hasn't written anything for so LONG....) and it was SO FUN to see all your wonderful pictures and read about the exciting times you've been having with your great BIG Family! This reception looks FABULOUS!! All the DECORATING took hours and hours, it looks like, and it's just BEAUTIFUL!!! Where did you get those "poof balls"? You didn't mention that you MADE them, so can they be purchased somewhere? (tell Kam, and I'll ask her about 'em, 'k?)
I must say--YOU LOOK FANTASTIC, Alicia--SO SLIM!! Isn't that NICE?
And your children are so darling! And you and Scott look SO HAPPY! I'm DELIGHTED for you all!
I LOVED your "farm" pictures, and all those APRICOTS, and those Cousins together, and your 'sisters' picture, and that fun POOL!! What a relaxing time you had!
Thanks for an uplifting morning--reading about other peoples' FUN!! Come see us sometime!! Love, Karen
WOW!! What a beautiful wedding reception--the weather, the yard, the decorations, the family, the pool, the cotton candy, etc. Everything looks just PERFECT and so much fun. Congratulations to all! A June wedding reception is certainly nicer than our December wedding was with cold, snow, ice, fog, etc. But every wedding is a wonderful occasion.
OOHH, I so much enjoyed those pictures. You got some good ones. And a great run down of how the reception day came along. It did turn out perfect and after all the fussing that it wouldn't get done. It turned out practically perfect!
Karen - Thank you so much for all you said. I love your happy way of writing. It's always good to hear from you. The reception was a fun night. My sister did make those poof balls and she said they were not hard nor expensive. I hope all is very good with you and we would LOVE to see you and Dennis some time. Take care.
Hey, you wrote BACK to me, Alicia! How NICE! I just went back onto your blog to look at these "uplifting" scenes and to think about what fun times are had with Family--then I decided to check out your 'comments', and happily found you had responded to me. Thanks!!
I read your Father's Day post and it made tears come to my eyes. I also read about the girls' recitals and they looked SO CUTE! I'd like to get to knowing them all better, so---DO come see us sometime--ALL of you.
Thanks for your note. Love, Karen
Post a Comment