We had a lovely weekend of General Conference. It seems like instead of being a relaxing weekend of lounging on the couch it is more like a juggling act though. There are still things that you want or need to do and there are three loud, energetic kids that just won't be ignored for eight straight hours.
I wanted to run, so I ran with the Saturday morning session of Conference playing in my ipod while Scott cleaned out the garage with Conference playing on the radio. Perfect. Running while listening is actually my favorite way to listen to Conference. I get the most from it. Right in between sessions we had Brielle's first soccer game!! And Scott's first game coaching. So exciting.

The afternoon session actually worked quite well. Zach slept and the girls worked on their Conference Packets. I am in love with the woman who made these packets. They are awesome. Ava "colored" away and Brielle worked on a chain of the prophet and apostles while learning the names and faces of each one.



Sunday morning we woke up to this:

So much snow. We spent the 45 minutes to get everyone dressed in their coveralls, coats, hats, gloves and boots to go outside and play in it. They played for about 15 minutes and then came in for hot chocolate. I, as usual, did not go play in it. I was inside filling my crock pot full of deliciousness for our spaghetti dinner that evening.
Zachary, very unsure of his first time walking in snow. I feel ya, dude.



Scott shot hoops.

And the snow wasn't going to stop Zachary from wanting to play also.


This is what our afternoon session of Conference looked like. I don't think I heard a word. I had to go back and listen on Monday and was glad I did. I loved Elder Scott's talk.


Before opening prayer:

After opening prayer:


Then the wrestling began and we were all done for.

You can see where this is headed, right? A huge bruise on Aiden's cheek and a lot of crying by everyone involved, except Annie I think.

And TA DA! Dinner is served.

After dinner Landon and Sarah made us some delicious crepes filled with strawberries and cream and Nutella and bananas. We should have skipped dinner and just stuffed ourselves with crepes. Then the wind down began with the kids getting into pajamas and Ava reading Aiden a bedtime story before he left. (Check out her toe sticking out of her footy pajamas.)

It was a good weekend. I'm so glad for all I heard and learned and the ones I spent it with.
4 comments:
Looks like a good Conference weekend. I need to go back and review each one as there was a lot of napping going on.
My only question is... why is everyone dressed up? Did you have church meetings before Conference??
How fun! Looks very relaxing and the dinner looks awesome... someday I'm gonna get to one of those huge spreads you're always putting on for your fam. someday...
But... so much snow!!?! Wow!
It looks like a very snowy, busy and exciting Conference day at your house.
How fun! I think you are in the perfect spot to host all the siblings all the time. I just couldn't pull it off the way you do. And I think running while listening to conference is a great idea. Luckily our Conference doesn't start until noon. So we have lots of time to mow the lawn (Steve) and go to garage sales (me) before we settle in.
Post a Comment