Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day, just like every holiday, lasted for a full week and included a lot of candy. I was in charge of putting on our Playgroup's Love Day party. It was so fun. We decorated the house with heart doilies, heart helium balloons, shimmering hearts and all the other Valentine decor. We made heart shaped Jello Jigglers, sugar cookies and Fluffernutter sandwiches. We got games to play and a craft to do. We were all ready for all of our friends to come.

Zachy was excited for party time too.I don't have pictures because I was busy with 13 kids under the age of 5, but we did have some fun. We played Valentine's Twister and then Valentine's Bingo. Then we did a craft where we made Valentine's picture frames for them to give as a gift with their picture in it. The kids got to run wild and play for awhile (which is their favorite part anyway) and then we served all our heart shaped foods for lunch. After lunch we decorated and ate heart sugar cookies. Whew! Everyone went home, I wrapped everything on the table up in the plastic table cloth, threw it away and we were done. Brie and Ava actually did think that was Valentine's Day and it was done and over and it had been their "favorite day".

I could have avoided the actual day all together, but I didn't. The kids woke up Valentine's morning to a treat from us.
Brielle got to pass out Valentines in her preschool classroom and came home with a pile of loot to share with Ava. That evening they had a babysitter and a heart shaped pizza for dinner. I met Scott downtown to go out to dinner. The food was not great but the setting and being out together was wonderful.

To top off a lovely love day I watched the Bachelor with Tawna while I folded 3 loads of laundry. So very romantic!

8 comments:

Scott B. said...

I didn't watch the bachelor! I went for a run.

R said...

It looks and sounds like two wonderful Valentine's Day celebrations with friends, food and fun. Little kids make every holiday special. (And husbands do too.)

Rama said...

OOPS! It published before I got my whole name typed. Rama.

Sue said...

This makes me tired! You do each holiday up right. Did you prepare all of the stuff for the party, or have help? And who made the heart pizza?

Aaron and Jen said...

I love the lips! And the playgroup party turned out sooo awesome! Could you email me that picture of everyone?

Teresa said...

Sounds like a LOVEly Valentines day. What a fun thing for your kids to get so much excitement at each holiday. I was talking to Laura yesterday, and told her, I think I used to put more effort in to the holidays, but not so much anymore. Am I burned out already? Keep up your great work. You bless many lives.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Roger said...

The "Deleted" was me. I was signed in under Sue's account.
Congrats to Alicia for making memories for so many.
Congrats to Scott for refusing to watch the "I DA HO Contest."