It started with a very fun Playgroup St. Patty's Day party. The kids got to play musical chairs, which we soon found out is not a game for 2 year olds. They all burst into tears when they didn't have a chair. By the end of the game every mom was holding a crying child. So funny. They also set a trap for a Leprechaun, did a craft, had lunch and got to run wild. Good time.
Monday, March 22, 2010
St. Patrick's Day 2010
St. Patrick's Day was celebrated in full force around here. Scott's grandpa is from Ireland, so we felt the need to be supportive of this holiday . . . until Landon told us the real story of St. Patrick. Well, it's still fun to dress in green and turn everything green and most especially, eat corned beef and cabbage.
It started with a very fun Playgroup St. Patty's Day party. The kids got to play musical chairs, which we soon found out is not a game for 2 year olds. They all burst into tears when they didn't have a chair. By the end of the game every mom was holding a crying child. So funny. They also set a trap for a Leprechaun, did a craft, had lunch and got to run wild. Good time.
I had the bright idea for us all to head downtown for the St. Patrick's Day parade the Saturday before. I thought it was going to be nice weather. It was not. We watched about half of the parade in the cold and then retreated indoors when it started pouring rain. It really snowed the whole rest of the day. So, maybe in honor of St. Patrick's day, Scott turned on the Christmas lights on our house that night. It was a winter wonderland. (Yes, the lights are still on our house.)



On St. Patrick's day I served the girls green scrambled eggs and green milk for breakfast. I ate it with them and let me tell you, it was not all that appetizing, but they thought I was pretty tricky.
But our dinner . . . yum. We had Landon, Sarah and kids over for the party. We played Irish music and served corned beef brisket that had been cooking for hours. We also had potatoes, carrots, cabbage, bread and then mint ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Delicious! (P.S. If you remember, the shamrock on the table is a shamrock that Scott's grandparents brought from Ireland over 40 years ago. Cool, huh? And it's even still alive at our house!)

And a Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!
It started with a very fun Playgroup St. Patty's Day party. The kids got to play musical chairs, which we soon found out is not a game for 2 year olds. They all burst into tears when they didn't have a chair. By the end of the game every mom was holding a crying child. So funny. They also set a trap for a Leprechaun, did a craft, had lunch and got to run wild. Good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So what's the real story of St. Patrick?
I love Brielle in the last picture. Maybe you should crop it and blow up the picture of just her. hilarious. Thank you for the delicious dinner!
Oh how fun! I wish we could have joined your celebration. I had all sorts of grand plans for a "green" dinner and shamrock games, etc. But you know what's sad? Well, I was sick. So, I went to put on my green sweater, but it smelled funny and it almost made me... sicker (get my drift?). So, I didn't even wear green. Then, I didn't even tell Sam it was St. Patty's day. Not at all, all day long. Because all my plans were just in my head and green eggs sounded disgusting. How pathetic, huh?
But now, looking at all your fun, festive pictures, I do soooo wish we could redo the day and make it so much fun! Your dinner sounds fabulous!!
I wonder if your kids are really more Irish than Scottish? My grandfather was Irish, too. Wonderful celebration of your heritage!
Post a Comment