Thursday, July 02, 2009

Visiting Kamber

The girls and I got to go visit Kamber and fam last weekend! It was great to have so much time together again. Kamber and I were best friends and lived together as roommates from 1994, when we met at Ricks College, until I had to leave her to marry Scott in 2003! She married Brian and moved to London. We've talked on the phone and seen each other on visits, but just haven't had a lot of "hang out" time. This was some good hang out time. It was fun to have our kids play together. And it made it much more difficult too. Next time we'll leave them home with their dads!

The girls and I drove the 6 hours to Kamber's house and all went well. Thank heaven for DVD players and snacks! We spent a few days seeing where Kam lives now and having a good ol' time.

The park. I don't know what Samantha and Brielle did, but both of their faces looked like they just rubbed them right into the dirt ground.Thankfully, they loved Kamber's big tub!
We went into the city one night for dinner and a concert. Brie of course found a little band playing drums, etc. and dragged Sammie over to dance with her. Soon they were drumming in the band.They also found a fountain and were so very tempted to run right in.Ava was told not to go in. We didn't have a change of clothes for her. As soon as I turned my back she ran right in to the middle and stood there laughing and smiling at me. Stinker!
The next day was a whole park full of fountains! Yeah!!! The girls had so much fun running through the water and eating snow cones. The coolest park ever!All the fun totally wore these girls out. They were out on the way home. And then . . . the worst, screaming, kicking, flailing herself on the floor tantrum I have seen in a long time came from one Brie Buchanan when I took her out of the car seat and into the house. Awful!
The grand finale of the trip was some delicious shave ice from Kamber and Brian's shave ice stand as we were leaving town. Wow. That dreamsicle flavor was soooooooo good!
Thank you to Kamber, Brian, Samantha and Spencer for a very fun visit! We loved it and will be back for more!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow that sounds like a great trip!! I love the picture of Ava soaking wet with a bandaid on both knees. She is adorable. I would have liked to see more pics of you though.

So, do Kamber and Brian own that shave ice stand? Steve and I seriously looked in to that when we moved to Georgia. Statesboro definitely needs one. I wish we could have afforded it.

laura said...

When I saw the picture of Brie dancing I was going to comment on the fact that she actually left her dress down this time.
But, sure enough, scroll down a few photos and there's the Brie I know and love. Dress up, exposing her panties to the world.
It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm so glad you got to see Kamber. And isn't it funny how chaotic visiting with an old friend becomes when you throw a few kids in the mix.

Kam said...

Wow! Can I please just copy your whole post onto my blog? I think you got some awesome pictures. I especially love the one of the three girls in the back of the car, crashed out... I remember that moment of serenity! ha! Thanks so much for coming. It was so much fun just hanging out, visiting. Hopefully you're catching up on some sleep now, after all the latest festivities.