(
I'm back to the blog finally. And I have a lot of pictures and a lot of fun things to report.)
After visiting Kamber, the girls and I drove to Lava Hot Springs to camp. We met Scott there and got to camp with our friends Mark, Trisha, Laird and lots of their family. It honestly was like heaven! They already had the camp set up, it was BEAUTIFUL, they made us delicious food and we even got to swim during the day. It was perfect. I was aching to go camping and was so very happy to be falling asleep in a tent those nights.
Each family took a turn making meals and they were GOOOOOOOOOOD! I love camping food.


Scott with a real man's breakfast! I was in dreamland with my "Eggs In A Frame" breakfast.

And then a dessert of delicious marshmallows roasted over a fire and made into a s'more . . . can't beat it!



One day was spent in Lava Hot Springs at the pool. Now, that is the way to camp. You get to feel all clean and then go back to camp.

Brie and I went on a walk to a meadow of wildflowers that overlooked all of Idaho's farmlands. It was so pretty. She picked flowers to make a bouquet . . . not for daddy or Ava or Trisha, but for herself.

The girls even got invited on rides on the four wheelers and they were THRILLED!


Some girl talk around the camp fire.

We got to use our new tent! This was also so exciting. This tent was my Christmas present and it's awesome. It is so big! Everyone called it "the chateau". Ava was able to sleep in her pack 'n play in the west wing and we were far away in the east wing.


The potty was also kept in the west wing.

Playing holy board.

Brie found a caterpillar friend that kept her and Ava entertained for a long time. Trisha was nice enough to make a home for him so we could take him with us. He did not last long at our house.

Thank you so much to Mark and Trisha and fam. It was a great time!
5 comments:
Sounds like an awesome camping trip. Especially because you got to wear sweatshirts. There is nowhere near here that we can escape the heat to go camping this time of year. I love your new tent, and your east/west wing comments. Hilarious.
Also, I am proud of you and Brielle for showing an interest in bugs. They are good for all children to explore and will help get you ready for baby boy Hepzibah. :) (ask Scott about the name)
This gets me all giddy to try out our new tent. Now the hard part- actually finding a weekend that we could do it. Perhaps it will be in Utah with you.
What a great pilgrimage to the homeland of your forefather.
One question - what makes the board "holy?"
You surely know how to enjoy life!!!
Looked fun....you look great too.
Post a Comment