Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day 2009

(We are back after a week of traveling through Idaho. Those pictures will come soon, but first I had to do Father's Day.)

Father's Day is always an exciting day. Brie has been counting down to it since Mother's Day. It's fun to show Scott how much we really love and appreciate him as the "daddy" around here.

Here is our little family at a wedding reception at La Caille the night before Father's Day. What a way to begin the festivities, eh? It was gorgeous and the food was HEAVENLY!Also in preparation for the big day, I held a Primary Activity day for the kids in our ward. Saturday morning all of the kids came to the church with their dads to paint ties for Father's Day. It was so fun (and very easy for me). We had a bunch of white ties (used ones from the temple), paints, puff paint, brushes and fabric markers. The kids all made beautiful ties for their dads to wear to church the next day. I think it was fun for everyone to see all the dads at church in their special kid made ties. Some dads were even wearing two or three ties. Very cute!On Father's Day, Scott woke up to the Sunday paper and a breakfast of eggs, hash browns, toast and orange juice. He also received presents and paintings from the girls. (The drill is kind of a funny story - This is the same drill Scott got for Father's Day 2 years ago. When he built our garden a few weeks ago he said the battery charger wasn't working. So, he went to mention it at the Costco costumer service desk and they said the drill had been recalled for that exact reason. He got a brand new drill! Sweet!!!!)That evening we had the Buchanans for dinner. We had salmon cooked in coconut milk and lime over Jasmine rice, mixed green salad with pears, rasberries and almonds and pie for dessert. Yum.
And as a special tribute to Scott - a cheese tray and ginger beer!
I am so grateful for Scott as the father of my kids. He loves them completely and is so fun with them. I love my Dad and will always be grateful for the love he has given me, everything he has taught me and the person he helped me become. I am so glad we have Fred in our lives also. He is a wonderful father, father-in-law and papa. We are so lucky to have these Dads that love us and teach us. Happy Father's Day!

3 comments:

Roger said...

And I am grateful for you being my daughter.
Love, DAD

Buchanan House said...

And I am so glad that you married my son, Scott, and gave us those sweet little granddaughters. The Father's Day dinner was delicious--you are a fantastic cook!

laura said...

I could be wrong, but I don't think you're allowed to take the clothes from the temple. Maybe the rules are different in Utah...

And Kea has that same blue dress that Brie is wearing. Next year, you can have it so she and Ava can be twins.