I get to be in Primary with Brielle each Sunday. She speaks out quite a bit and then we have to come home and have her sit on a chair and "practice" being reverent in Primary for 3 minutes. The thing is that most of what she says makes everyone laugh or try not to laugh. She has a WONDERFUL teacher, who she adores. Here are some of the things we've heard since she started her Sunbeam class in Primary.
*We were looking at a book that had a picture of Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus. She told me who everyone was. She pointed and told me who the Wise Men were and then I pointed to the shepherds to ask who they were. She said, "The Foolish Men".
*Brie was helping Scott do the laundry. Scott was putting whites in and said he had a feeling there might be some more whites in the other basket. Brie said, "Did the Holy Ghost tell you that?"
*The other morning we were watching out the window as the street sweeper come down the street. Brie said, "Look Mom, that is one of Heavenly Father's creations."
* We were walking up to the church and Brie got so excited when she saw the church. She told me that is where Jesus and Heavenly Father live. And Pat Leverich (her teacher). I guess she is up there with the trinity and lives and the church.
* Brie was sitting in Sharing Time one week. All the little kids were trying their hardest to sit still and pay attention, but were pretty wiggly. After awhile, Brie raised her hand and said, "Umm, teacher, I'm getting pretty bored." Nice. And everyone turned and looked at me with their smiles on their faces.
*When Brie says the family prayer at bedtime she always makes sure to bless the baby in "mommy's biggest tummy ever"!
*One day Brie told me that the Holy Ghost was whispering to her in her ear. She could hear him. I asked what he was saying. The noise she made sounded quite a bit like the electric toothbrush I had been using at the same time she was getting her "whisperings".
4 comments:
Very cute! I would love to see her and the rest of you.
"Out of the mouth of babes." She is precious--a real thinker.
Hilarious! I'm so glad you're writing these gems down. Brian and I especially enjoyed the one about Scott's "feeling" about the laundry -- and the one about the "whisperings" of the spirit sounding like your electric toothbrush. Funny stuff! It's amazing how fast I forget the funny things unless I write them down as they happen.
Oh, Brielle is hilarious!!!
I love these. I'm still laughing about the laundry one.
Post a Comment