Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wedding Photo Album by Laura Buchanan

Laura and Alan had our name for Christmas this year. They asked us what we wanted and Scott told them that we would like a dust buster. This is true, with food falling on the floor as often as it does now, a dust buster would be great. I just could not ask my sister-in-law, Laura, who is the most creative, artsy, crafty person I know for a dust buster. I wanted to have something that used her really good taste and ideas. I couldn't think of what it could be until I glanced over to the book shelf and saw an empty album and a stack of wedding picture proofs. Perfect! So, I asked her to scrapbook our wedding pictures. Honestly, after I asked I was shocked that I did. That is a HUGE task. Poor Laura.

She was great though. She acted excited and took me shopping (while she was here for Christmas) for papers, etc. It was really fun to find the right paper and lay out. She then took all the supplies home to New York and started working. I was so pleasantly surprised when just a couple weeks later she said it was done! Wow! The photo album arrived in the mail and it is absolutely perfect! It's awesome. Scott and I love it. I am soooooo grateful to Laura for making such a special book for us. It means so much. I look through it every day. I want you to get to see it also. I wish you could see the colors and textures of the paper and the pictures a little better, but you'll get it.

A big THANK YOU to Laura, my scrapbooking queen of a sister-in-law.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is gorgeous!!! What an amazing way to show everyone your beautiful photos.

Laura, I am very impressed and somewhat inspired to look into scrapbooking.

Teresa said...

I love that! What a wonderful gift.
I have really enjoyed making this travel log scrapbook for Steve, maybe I will look in to doing something like that for my wedding pictures too.

laura said...

Wow- I love that book!! I would love to do something like that with our photos but I just don't have that kind of talent. Oh, well.

Anonymous said...

It is really beautiful. I am lucky to have such talented daughter-in-laws. All of them are so very special.

Sue said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the book and it is something you will thank Laura for forever. I ,can't wait to see and feel it! (I don't quite get the feel, I must need to experience it).

Anonymous said...

Alicia, I just talked to Laura in NY and she told me to check out your blog. She did a great job on you wedding Album. What a neat gift! She made two special albums for us for our 50th last summer and I so enjoy looking at them. She is very talented that way. I've checked out your blog for recipes as well. Brielle is a darling. I think you two do a great job with your blogs. I wish we could have done something like that when our children were little. Anyway, your album is beautiful!