I am so thrilled about having a humidifier. I thought I would share my joy and insights.
It's winter time and we are in Utah. It is soooooooooo dry here. We are constantly applying lotion, chap stick and drinking water because of how dry the air feels. The dry air really gets to us at night. It was about 10 degrees outside and the heater was trying to warm our house to 70 degrees inside, so it was blowing all night long. Brielle was coughing all night. Scott was coughing all night. I was just uncomfortable feeling like my throat had no moisture whatsoever. And Scott and I would lie in bed deciding if we should move to Hawaii or Florida. The solution was to buy another humidifier.
We read that most people are comfortable at a humidity level of 50%. In the winter time our furnaces in our offices and homes are running so much that we are living in about 10% humidity, which is dryer than the Sahara Desert.
We tried for a while to have one humidifier in the hall blowing into both rooms, but it didn't work. Now we have one in Brielle's room and one in our room. I was the happiest sleeper ever that first night - we all were! Everyone is sleeping better. Brielle isn't coughing at all and we all sleep soundly through the night with those sweet puffs of moisture being blown into the air. Hallelujah!
8 comments:
Our humidifier is helping also. I'll be glad when this winter weather warms up a bit, and we get rid of the haze. Spring and Fall are the best seasons.
Wow, what a great solution. We have been very dry here too. Maybe I will think about getting me one of those. You heat your house to 70 degrees at NIGHT! Wow, I can't imagine.
That is the only good thing about the German heating system. Each room has it's own unit, so we don't turn ours on ever, we just stay cozy in the blankets. The big boys is on low, and Jacobs is on medium since he kicks the blankets off.
I keep my humidifier on every night and have a teakettle on each morning for 2 hrs. and still had a
dry nose. It really does help. My Dr. told me to use
one. Here it helps in the
summer. GMa
What a great solution to annoying coughing! And so simple. Congratulations on being able to solve that one! Though Hawaii would also have been a great answer.
I;m shocked about your 70 degree house. I can't imagine paying for that... Blake does get a humidifier for his dry nose- and they are wonderful.
It is a wonder that anyone has survived.
Where'd you get your humidifier? How much did it cost? I'm like a crocodile over here, man.
(Hi Alicia and Scott! So happy I discovered your blog!)
I love my humidifier. I've always had super-dry skin and grew up in the desert of Arizona so humidifiers were always a big part of my life. I never thought I would need one in Boston, but the dry winter air is awful.
Last year I got a two-pack at Target for $30 I think. I have one in my bedroom and one in my boyfriend's spare room so when I sleep there I'm not dying from the dryness.
Post a Comment