Friday, October 01, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Zachary is now one year old! He had his first birthday on September 29. I absolutely can not believe it has been one full year since he was born, but I also feel like he has always been around. I completely love this little boy. It was a fun day to get to celebrate him.

The girls were singing "Happy Birthday" to him from the minute he woke up in the morning until . . . . well, they still are a few days later. He got to have eggs for breakfast, play for a little while with his new toys and then took a three hour nap. Sounds like a pretty perfect day, right? After his long snooze and during Brielle's preschool, I took Zach and Ava to get their "birthday" pictures taken. Both did well. Amazing.
After another long nap in the afternoon it was time to have a birthday party with the whole block. Our street party happened to be the evening of Zachary's birthday. So we took him down, sat him in his high chair with balloons tied to it and celebrated with the neighbors. Zach had a birthday dinner of Cheetos and watermelon. The best dinner ever. He was SO HAPPY to get to chow on Cheetos!All the neighbors sang "Happy Birthday" with us to Zachary and then we all had cupcakes with blue frosting and baseballs on them that the girls and I made during Zach's nap. First time doing blue frosting instead of pink! Yahoo!When the party was over we all came home for our own family birthday song and cake. A Red Sox cake. My friend made this for Zachy and we thought it was awesome. Mmmmoooooore Cake!
And more cake. The next night we brought cake and ice cream to Papa and Grandma's house to share with them and the cousins.
Happy Birthday little Hacky! We love you!

3 comments:

Roger said...

Zachary is adorable. Keep the BLUE going!

Rama said...

I love Zachary's big blue eyes and his smile. Happy first birthday to Zachary!

A, M and S said...

Happy Birthday Hacky!
G and R