I thought I would give an update on the rainfall here at our house.
Scott passed his test Friday morning!!! YEAH!!!!! That was a lot of stress off him. We were so happy it's done.
Today was a sad, sad day. Friday, Fred's doctor of 16 years (who now lives/works in Boise) miraculously showed up at the U of U hospital and took over treating him. We were so full of hope that the new medications and treatments would help. They did for a day or so. This morning Scott was with his Mom and Dad when they were told that there was nothing more that could be done. Fred will return home on Thursday for hospice care. Scott and I spent the afternoon at the hospital with them and it was a very nice time together. We even climbed a hill before to cut down a bouquet of thistle (Scotland's flower) to take to Fred. Fred was talking and telling stories and making Zach crack up laughing. Scott's brothers are arriving for the weekend. We hope to have a nice weekend together with them as well.
Friday, after I posted on my blog about our AC, Scott's cousin called and said that her husband installs furnaces. Hooray!!! After one full week of being very hot in our house, he came last night and installed our new furnace. It worked for a couple hours and then stopped. This morning he was back and replaced the motor in the new furnace. Right now that blessed cool air is flowing freely through the vents and we are happy to sleep in a cool house tonight. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I believe my direct quote (about Brad who did the work) was, "I have never loved a man more than I love him right now." It was ok because Scott felt exactly the same way.
Friday we also took the van in to get a new alternator. They put in a new one and we had the van back in no time. Saturday, as we were driving, all the lights came on the dashboard and it wouldn't accelerate. Today when I had the kids loaded in the car (again), the van wouldn't start (again). So we walked (again). We took it back to the mechanic today and . . . . . we'll see.
Zachary now wakes up at 6:30am instead of 6:00am.
Ava didn't have an accident today.
Brielle drew a sweet picture for Papa Fred today of her wearing a nurses outfit and hat.
1 comment:
Congratulations on the test, Scott!
I am soo, soo sad about Fred.
The rest is life, yay for Zach sleeping an extra 1/2 hour!
Thank goodness for Scott's cousin!
Post a Comment