
Since Brielle was born (on Christmas) we have wanted to try having a half birthday party for her in the summer. We waited and decided to have her first friends birthday party this year, on June 29. She was absolutely THRILLED with all the talk of planning and inviting and all of her friends coming to
her party. She decided she wanted a Mermaid Princess Tea Party. She wanted it all! We focused on just having the girls come with swimsuits and swimming in our little blow up pool.
Brielle and I made the invitations together. We went and picked out cute paper and stickers and then put them all together. We then drove them around to each little friend's house. Brie was very particular about which girl got which stickers on their invite. The invitation says:
"On Christmas day I turned four
and dreamed of having a mermaid party on the ocean floor.
I waited until it was warm and nice
now I'm hoping you'll celebrate with me, without any ice."


We ordered party favors, we got balloons, we decorated, we made food and then all these little girls started arriving for the big event. Brie was bouncing around giddy with excitement. It was very funny to see. We played a fishy game, we did a sticker craft making our own under the sea picture and then we made sand art bracelets.





Everything moved so quickly with 4 year olds. Scott and I could barely keep up and then they were off to the next thing. They got to swing and swim and play for awhile, which really is what they loved the most anyway.


I made an "under the sea" dinner for the girls. We had sea shells (pasta shells), fruit and octopus hot dogs. Most of the girls wouldn't even touch the octopus hot dogs, but I thought they were too hilarious to pass up.



Instead of a cake (she got a cake on her real birthday) I made blue jello for the sea, we put fishes in it, waves on top and mermaid Ariel for a candle.



And then the sheer excitement of opening presents! Brielle has never had this happen before and didn't even really know to expect it, but was completely into it once the presents started coming her way. Wow, was she excited about every single one! What nice friends.




The party was a hit. I had fun, she had so much fun. I did learn a thing or two for the future: 1. those little girls didn't care one bit that I cleaned my whole house (including bathrooms) for them. 2. those girls didn't care at all that I made a cute dinner for them. 3. those girls just wanted to run around in their swimsuits and play. And they did. So fun.
4 comments:
SOOO cute!! I love the flowers in their hair and the octopus hot dogs. I felt so excited for Brielle reading this. Sounds perfect. Good job. =)
You did such a wonderful job--sounds like a really fun party! My sister was also born on Christmas. She tried out the 1/2 birthday thing, but it never worked well for her. I'm glad it's working for Brielle.
Wonderful party! I wish that I could have been there for the excitement!
Alicia! You are out of control! I LOVE the octopus and the "cake" so cute! You're amazing! Emma had such a great time!
Post a Comment