Monday, April 05, 2010

A White Easter

Our Easter included it all - candy, throw up, new dresses, diarrhea, tulips, snow, terror, excitement, etc. etc. It was quite the week. The good and the bad.

The Sunday before Easter is when the girls wore their new "Easter dresses". I bought these before I realized we wouldn't even be going to church on Easter Sunday. They were sure excited and happy about wearing new dresses for the Sunday before though.That evening we got to celebrate Brian's birthday at their house, so the girls got to at least be dressed up in Easter dresses with their cousins too.The party at Brian and Rachel's was fun for everyone. Our week went down hill from there (but then it picks up again for Easter at least). Monday night Scott and I went on a date. I met him downtown after work and we went to dinner (Z Tejas. Delicious.) and then the Jazz game. We had a great time together and then came home to Brielle throwing up . . . . all. night. long. Zach got it next. Then by Thursday I was sick with the same and Friday it hit Scott. We were really, really sick. It also snowed all week. Really, really snowed. Sooooooooooooooooooooo . . . we stayed home and tried to pretend it felt like springy Easter time and made a craft each day.

Toilet paper roll chicks.
Easter bunny candy jars.
Marshmallowy nests and bird eggs.
Coloring Easter eggs.
By Saturday everyone was better, so we made an effort to leave the house in between sessions of Conference for an Easter egg hunt at Wheeler Farm. We love Wheeler Farm and thought it would be fun to be outside hunting eggs with the girls and seeing the baby animals. We got there, with baskets in hand, to find this sign. Well, they ALWAYS have wagon rides. And if they are going to advertise to children that there will be an egg hunt, I say they should probably have some eggs. Scott and girls really searched the area just in case there might just be one little ole egg left, but found nothin'. Absolutely nothing.
They did have wagon rides and baby animals though.Finally the moment arrived when the house was totally clean and disinfected from germs (we spent Saturday listening to conference and cleaning), the girls were in bed and we were waiting for the Easter Bunny to come. Then we heard Ava still awake on the stairs. She was really crying. Why? Because she was so scared of the Easter Bunny coming. She begged us to lay with her in bed. She laid there just mumbling about the Easter Bunny coming into our house. I can see why that might be scary. I told her he was just a tiny, cute, nice, furry, white baby bunny. He would knock on our door and give mommy her candy and then hop away. Not come in the house. She would think about that for a minute and then say, "Then the BIG Daddy bunny open the door and come in Ava's room." Terrified. After an hour of playing out scary bunny stories in her mind, she finally fell asleep. We set up Easter baskets and then Evan joined us for the watching of "Fever Pitch" in honor of the Red Sox opening day that was also happening the next day.And just as you would hope and expect for a beautiful Easter morning, it snowed all night, so we awoke to a white Easter. But the girls were thrilled! They were so excited about Easter baskets . . . . . . and an egg hunt . . .
. . . and that the Easter bunny brought Uncle Evan to play with.On Easter day we tried to listen to conference while we got ready for everyone to come for Easter brunch. I was in the kitchen making six quiche (spinach sausage, bacon mushroom and ham hash brown). Scott was setting up and helping me. And then at 12:30 we had Brian, Rachel and kids, Fred, Rama, Landon, Sarah and kids, Tawna, Lindsey (roommate), Evan, Kristina all here for a fun brunch. We had quiche, cinnamon rolls (made by Landon and so good!), hot cross buns, lots of fruit, O.J. and all the Easter candy anyone could eat. I guess things got so busy by then that I have no more pictures of the day, but believe me, it was so fun to have everyone. It made for a beautiful and perfect Easter.

6 comments:

Roger said...

I think we should change your name from Luscious to Awesome.

Roger said...

One more thing, next year, tell Scott to take the girls on an Easter Rock hunt.

Sarah A said...

Wow. we didn't know that when we came over on Sunday we were entering a potentially toxic germ zone. I'm glad there were no leftover germs for us to enjoy. We had a fabulous time eating your quiche and sitting on your couches for conference! Thanks again!!!

Rama said...

You had a very interesting Eastertime. Thanks for letting us enjoy Sunday with you. The food was great!

laura said...

Ava's Easter bunny story made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.
And Zack is so, so , SO adorable. I am really missing a little baby right now. Will you bring him in June?????
And your Easter sounds... exhausting, but wonderful. I'm jealous you had so many siblings with you. I guess Utah is the place to be right now.

Kam said...

Wow! First, I love the girls' new Easter dresses. How cute they look, and so pleased to have their new dresses.
Second, can come do crafts with Samantha? Those all look like such fun ideas. So creative and springy! Fun!
Third, I'm not sure why I'm numbering.
Fourth, Zachary really does look sooo sweet and cute. And he's growing so fast!
Fifth, Ava is hilarious! That is the funniest Easter story.
Sixth, (and I saved this one especially to be sixth), I cannot BELIEVE you made SIX quiches!??! Wow! It takes me an hour to make just one. I bet they were sooo delicious.
Happy Easter, and opening day, too.