Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Sunday, September 6, was mine and Scott's 6th anniversary. It was good, but different too. We have made a tradition of going away on a little (or big) trip for our anniversary. Except the year we were in the hospital having Ava. This year was different. Things were different because I am very pregnant so we didn't go anywhere, we had my family here visiting, we went to church where I am always distracted and crazy doing Primary and then we went to a wedding of some friends in the evening. The wedding was actually a really cool way of remembering it was our anniversary. It was at La Caille and it was GORGEOUS! The ceremony was nice, the mingling and appetizers were fun and the dinner and dancing was great. We had a nice time being out together like that on our day. We took some time after leaving the chaos of the dance floor to walk around the grounds at La Caille. They are simply beautiful with flowers and trees and a full moon over the canyon and peacocks and bunnies . . . .etc, etc. We walked and talked and hugged and kissed and remembered how happy we are that we made the decision to marry each other 6 years ago. A lot has changed for us in 6 years, but knowing for sure that Scott is the man I want to be with forever has not. Happy Anniversary to us! Next year there better be a good trip!

Here we are headed out to the wedding.

2 comments:

Kam said...

I thought about you on your anniversary. We were camping. Glad you got to do something special. La Caille is a very, very beautiful place. I've been there once, but I remember the grounds being so gorgeous and peaceful. Sounds like a nice day!

Rama said...

It sounds like you had a special anniversary evening, and you both look so good--I love the picture!