Brielle started planning her birthday party in about May. Seriously. She has done half birthday parties in June in the past, but this year she knew exactly what she wanted to do and she knew she wanted it in December by her birthday. So she started planning a tea party (with gingerbread tea) and to take her friends to go see The Nutcracker. I agreed to this plan. It sounded fun to me, I just hoped her friends would like The Nutcracker as much as she REALLY LOVES it.
We made some cute invitations and handed them out. On the day of the party, her friends arrived in their dresses for a fancy day. Brielle really has some great friends from both church and school. They are so nice and so well behaved. Good, good girls. We started with a lunch and tea party. The tea actually turned out to be warmed apple cider from Trader Joes because it is sooooooooo good. The lunch was all Brielle's idea: croissants, ham rolls, cheese squares, grapes, sliced cucumbers.
Cheers with Emma.Sarah C. and Marley.
The birthday cupcake tower.
And Scott made sure they all lined up to give her a spanking machine.
Presents. We gave her a large Nutcracker like the one from the play that has a wind up music player.
Look at that face. She got the Elsa barbie doll.
The crazies posing for pictures until it was time to go to the theater.
I know it sounds crazy, but I took these girls all on my own. I just hoped and trusted that they would all sit nicely and stick together. And they did. Thank heaven. We went to see The Nutcracker put on by a ballet group here locally. They present it at a theater in a junior high school. So, not super fancy or up scale, but I still had to keep track of all these excited girls.
They made it through to the end. Brielle was on the edge of her seat watching with pure excitement and amazement the whole time. Some of the girls were giggling and joking when they saw just how tight the male ballet dancers tights were and how much of them we could see. And then I turned around and saw Cami Nichole alseep and snoring. So funny. Her candy bag of entertainment had run out.
Silver and gold.
Happy Birthday to Brielle. She planned a wonderful eighth birthday party.
No comments:
Post a Comment