Brielle was so excited for her birthday party, her birthday and Christmas, but of all the excitement in December, she was most looking forward to her baptism day. She couldn't wait for it to come and was happy when it finally did. Sarah took the picture above of Brielle when we did our family pictures. I love it. I think it's so beautiful of her. It was perfect to use for invitations to invite her family and primary friends and teachers to her baptism.
We were so happy to have many of Scott's family in town and many of mine also. I have to say that Brielle's baptism day was one of my favorite days as a mother. There was something so special about it. I felt really blessed to be surrounded by so many of our family and friends. We loved getting to have the baptism with some of our very best friends in the ward, the Winns. Emily and Brielle are close friends and it was nice to be with all of their family also. It was just the perfect day. Really.
We started preparations the evening before with Scott and I going through a crazy, packed Costco and Sams Club getting all the stuff for the luncheon after the baptism. As a bedtime story, Scott read Brielle the "Three White Dresses" book we bought her and cried all the way through it. We were all very excited for the next day. After pulling the tooth that had been loose and leaving a big gaping whole in her gums, Brielle fell asleep. Scott and I spent the night making soups with mom and getting the house all set up for A LOT of people coming the next day.
Saturday morning, January 4, 2014, we got Brielle all ready and she looked beautiful in her new white dress.
Brielle's baptism was at 10 o'clock. We drove up to the stake center about 9:30 so that she and Scott could dress in their baptism clothes. We had Sarah take some pictures for us first. Brielle was super anxious to just get in her baptism dress and be ready.
Finally the time came that she had been long awaiting. I helped her choose a dress to be baptized in and changed her into it. She went out to meet Scott in his white clothes. They sat together as we watched so many people file into the R.S. room at the church. So many of our close friends and our family. I hope Brielle knows how special that is to have so many people loving and supporting her. We actually had more people than could fit in the room so they moved us all (and all the Winn's people) to the chapel. We sang "The Baptism Song" to open, which was Brielle's choice. My dad (Grandpa Roger) spoke first about baptism. Then Emily's grandma spoke about the Holy Ghost. We went in to see Emily baptized by her dad, Matt, and then watched Brielle go down into the water with Scott. It was beautiful and she was so happy.
While Brielle changed, we asked everyone to write her a note. She came home with a little binder full of notes of testimonies, encouraging words and "I love you's". Grandma Rama said the closing prayer and we all made our way back to our house for lunch.
Brielle and Ethan Ennis (her first crush). I take these pictures in the hopes that I'll need to use them for a wedding video one day.
Us with the Ennis family.
The Allreds claimed the front room.
Typical. Sarah's child chooses lettuce (pretend food from the play kitchen) and my child has a bowl of . . . not soup, but powdered donuts, brownies and cinnamon rolls. Not sure how many bowls he had just like this.
Grandparents eating together.Scott with Rudy and Ryan.
Buchanans in the piano room.
Buchanan cousins. (Missing Connor, Abby, Andrew and Hannah)
Brielle and her friend, Marissa.Goofy faces - Brielle, Ava and Sami.
Ava and her friend Sami.
This is part of the group of men that layed their hands on Brielle's head to confirm her a member of the church. Roger Allred, Evan Allred, Landon Allred, Scott Buchanan, Fred Buchanan, Brian Buchanan, Glenn Buchanan. Others in the circle were Rudy Schenk, Matt Mellenthin, Matt Winn, Greg Thornton, Bishop Ferrara. What a blessing to be surrounded by these good men.
It was an absolutely beautiful day. I'll always be grateful for such a day and for the blessing it is to be a member of Christ's church. I'm especially grateful to have the knowledge of Him and His plan for us that I can teach my children and hope they follow Him. I know Brielle followed Jesus Christ's example on this day and obeyed His commandment to be baptized. I couldn't be happier with her choice to do so. We love you, Brie Brie.








No comments:
Post a Comment